Hey SuperTokens! I have a question about a problem...
# general
d
Hey SuperTokens! I have a question about a problem im encountering when using an external SDK for Voice, Video and Chat. My problem is this: I need to use IM and Voice chat in my app. So I think Ill use a service called ConnectyCube. They basically provide a real time messaging SDK for RN. However in their docs (https://developers.connectycube.com/js/authentication-and-users) they say:
Copy code
Every user has to authenticate with ConnectyCube before using any ConnectyCube functionality.

When someone connects with an application using ConnectyCube, the application will need to obtain a session token which provides temporary, secure access to ConnectyCube APIs.

A session token is an opaque string that identifies a user and an application.
And I think this might collide with my SuperTokens, which I am 100% set on implementing. So I emailed them and they came back to me with this My Q:
Copy code
ConnectyCube has its own Authentication system that users have to go through. I however have developed an app with its own very specific Authentication system and I thus dont want to use the ConnectyCube authentication. nor store users passwords in ConnectyCube. Is this possible?
Their Answer:
Copy code
Yes it is possible, 
You can use ConnectyCube User as an opaque User, with only ID field set. The rest you can store at your own DB.
We have a Custom Identity Provider mechanism for it.
Can you make sense of how one would use supertokens authentication when using an external SDK?