Docs question: I'm using Phoenix framework on Elix...
# support-questions
l
Docs question: I'm using Phoenix framework on Elixir which doesn't have library integration built. Is there a place for docs how to start from zero? I don't promise anything but Appwrite has SDK generator and I've built Elixir generator part for them while trying it. It's not in the MR yet though.
n
Hi @lamp-town-guy , When you say start from scratch can you clarify to what extent?
I would use the session recipe of
supertokens-node
to start with the bare minimum of what SuperTokens does
r
Alternatively, you can run another process in node with our SDK that’s the auth server to your application
l
I'd rather keep it simple and not run another process. It's another piece of infrastructure to keep track of. Since Elixir is growing in popularity it would make sense to make library for it, like there's library for Python. What I want to do is use Phoenix Live view, server generated HTML over websocket live updating site, or Phoenix "dead view" to login with password or oauth with google. I know that using node would simplify things but I had hard time finding docs for old style HTML pages. Not everybody wants to use javascript as their frontend. I want to avoid it since I'd be using live view for my side projects anyway and supertokens seams like a good way to outsource authentication logic to OSS project.
r
Ah I see. Well, there are ways to get supertokens to work without js on the frontend, but that requires a fair bit of customisation. I can guide you through it on a call if required
l
I have a basic idea of what it requires because I've implemented Appwrite this way. It not only keeps track of user sessions but also gets all the info about web user IP and user agent strings. I'm available only on evenings and weekends Central European time. Roughly 17:00 - 23:00 UTC.
r
Ah. That’s super late for me unfortunately.
l
I just remembered that I have Thursday and Friday off next week. So I'll be available from 7:00UTC
r
Ah ok. Nice. Maybe you can book a call with us via our website. On the landing page, there is a button about consult an expert. You can use that.
l
I did it, thanks.