j

Jalil Jarjanazy

7 months ago
    ok so I was supposed to use the root project to download and setup the core and plugin interface projects. I tried to do it but couldn't because of my windows machine, you described something about wsl2 in the docs but I also couldn't do it
    p

porcellus

7 months ago
    Yeah, you need to run
    loadModules
    and to do that you'd need access to bash
    you don't have a wsl2 installed?
    windows core setup
    j

Jalil Jarjanazy

7 months ago
    I did install it but couldn't figure my way around it. I run the bash commands from the loadModules file but i get
    /bin/bash : The term '/bin/bash' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
    p

porcellus

7 months ago
    hmm, did you run that inside the wsl terminal? that error looks like its from the normal windows one.
    on my PC you can just run
    bash loadModules
    in the root repo even in a windows shell.
    j

Jalil Jarjanazy

7 months ago
    Yeah thanks now the command works. but it seems the url formatting is wrong somehow. The message shown is
    fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/Jarjanazy /supertokens-core.git/': U
    it seems to add a space after
    Jarjanazy
    . thoughts ?
    p

porcellus

7 months ago
    can you check if the space is present in
    modules.txt
    ?
    j

Jalil Jarjanazy

7 months ago
    I did check it, it seems in alignment with your docs. I didn't see a space there.
    p

porcellus

7 months ago
    does the script work if you reset the modules.txt first? (
    git checkout modules.txt
    )
    j

Jalil Jarjanazy

7 months ago
    nope, I get
    fatal: Unable to mark file .idea/runConfigurations/CLI_Main.xml
    Cloning into 'supertokens-core'...
    fatal: Remote branch master? not found in upstream origin
    cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-core/.git/hooks/': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-core/addDevTag': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-core/addReleaseTag': No such file or directory
    Cloning into 'supertokens-plugin-interface'...
    fatal: Remote branch master? not found in upstream origin
    cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-plugin-interface/.git/hooks/': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-plugin-interface/addDevTag': No such file or directory
    cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-plugin-interface/addReleaseTag': No such file or directory
    p

porcellus

7 months ago
    sorry for the late answer
    something is really strange there: why is there a
    ?
    after master.
    something is fishy in
    module.txt
    I think it may be line-endings or something, you could see if that's the case using notepad++ or something like that.
    but also, you could run the clone commands manually inside the root repo and it should work after that.
    j

Jalil Jarjanazy

7 months ago
    thanks @User it works when I clone the repos manually. I am having troubles with running the unit tests though, something related with
    Cannot run program "cp" (in directory "..")
    I think it's a Windows related thing.
    p

porcellus

7 months ago
    well, you really need wsl or some kind of bash to run these things. basically anywhere the guide tells you to run something you should run it with bash
    j

Jalil Jarjanazy

7 months ago
    Yeah, I think we should refactor those tests to be OS independent though, that will be on the top my list I think 😄
    p

porcellus

7 months ago
    That'd be great 😄 although, with wsl and stuff like gitbash and cygwin it's fairly OS independent
    j

Jalil Jarjanazy

7 months ago
    yeah I agree, but unit tests should be isolated units, do you think it's worth the trouble to refactor those tests? I think it is 😄