ok so I was supposed to use the root project to do...
# contributing
j
ok so I was supposed to use the root project to download and setup the core and plugin interface projects. I tried to do it but couldn't because of my windows machine, you described something about wsl2 in the docs but I also couldn't do it
p
Yeah, you need to run
loadModules
and to do that you'd need access to bash
you don't have a wsl2 installed?
windows core setup
j
I did install it but couldn't figure my way around it. I run the bash commands from the loadModules file but i get
/bin/bash : The term '/bin/bash' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
p
hmm, did you run that inside the wsl terminal? that error looks like its from the normal windows one.
on my PC you can just run
bash loadModules
in the root repo even in a windows shell.
j
Yeah thanks now the command works. but it seems the url formatting is wrong somehow. The message shown is
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/Jarjanazy /supertokens-core.git/': U
it seems to add a space after
Jarjanazy
. thoughts ?
p
can you check if the space is present in
modules.txt
?
j
I did check it, it seems in alignment with your docs. I didn't see a space there.
p
does the script work if you reset the modules.txt first? (
git checkout modules.txt
)
j
nope, I get
Copy code
fatal: Unable to mark file .idea/runConfigurations/CLI_Main.xml
Cloning into 'supertokens-core'...
fatal: Remote branch master? not found in upstream origin
cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-core/.git/hooks/': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-core/addDevTag': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-core/addReleaseTag': No such file or directory
Cloning into 'supertokens-plugin-interface'...
fatal: Remote branch master? not found in upstream origin
cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-plugin-interface/.git/hooks/': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-plugin-interface/addDevTag': No such file or directory
cp: cannot create regular file 'supertokens-plugin-interface/addReleaseTag': No such file or directory
p
sorry for the late answer
something is really strange there: why is there a
?
after master.
something is fishy in
module.txt
I think it may be line-endings or something, you could see if that's the case using notepad++ or something like that.
but also, you could run the clone commands manually inside the root repo and it should work after that.
j
thanks @User it works when I clone the repos manually. I am having troubles with running the unit tests though, something related with
Cannot run program "cp" (in directory "..")
I think it's a Windows related thing.
p
well, you really need wsl or some kind of bash to run these things. basically anywhere the guide tells you to run something you should run it with bash
j
Yeah, I think we should refactor those tests to be OS independent though, that will be on the top my list I think 😄
p
That'd be great 😄 although, with wsl and stuff like gitbash and cygwin it's fairly OS independent
j
yeah I agree, but unit tests should be isolated units, do you think it's worth the trouble to refactor those tests? I think it is 😄