Hello there, Hope you doing fine, I've a question...
# support-questions
b
Hello there, Hope you doing fine, I've a question in mind which is: does supertoken consider connection via
thirdParty
gmail and
email and password
using the same email as different accounts and if there any solution to make them map to the same account so connection can be using any of methods Thank you in advance
n
Hi @Bruno Diferente, At the moment using the same email with different login methods (emailpassword, thirdparty etc) would create two separate users
The feature of allowing multiple login methods for the same user is something that is already part of our active development cycle though
b
is there any available work around to make it work
like it is obliged to have this feature in my case
n
One of our example apps has a possible implementation for how to accomplish account linking. You can refer to it here: https://github.com/supertokens/supertokens-auth-react/tree/master/examples/with-thirdpartyemailpassword-passwordless
It is complex at the moment but it will be much simpler once we finish work on the feature
b
Will this feature be available soon
n
Unfortunately we do not have an ETA for when this feature will be released. How soon do you need it?
b
Because the suggested alternative was forking the whole project and work on it
Well the sooner the better 😄
n
So I would recommend referring the example app to see if that solution works for you. In the meantime let me see if I can get you an estimate
b
Alrighty thanks a lot
r
Probably should be done in 1-2 months time