<@498057949541826571> Hai rp I am trying to build ...
# support-questions
n
@rp Hai rp I am trying to build supertoken-core from the source.I am following the steps mentioned in git https://github.com/supertokens/supertokens-core/wiki/Building-from-source. But I am unable to setup env.😭
r
hey @Nejitha Sunny
hey you run
./loadModules
?
n
Nop.
r
The first step of the wiki says to setup everything from the contributing guide, which has this step
can you please follow that?
n
Awaiting for your reaponse
r
Yes
Those errors are fine.
n
@rp Hai rp I tried to build the source.Followed the steps mentioned above.While i execute the test cases i am stuck with one issue.I am using jdk 17 instead of 15.And executing the commands in Ubuntu with the help of wsl
r
ah right. You need to use open JDK 15. Only then will it work
n
@rp Ok.
@rp Hai rp I have one doubt. How can we debug supertoken core?How the logs are managed inside the core?
r
the logs are stored in the logs/info.log or logs/error.log files in the supertokens-root folder
n
ok
@rp Hey rp. I tried cloning the super token core with mysql-plugin.After loading the modules.Its showing the issue in ConfigTest.java class.I am not using any external jars. Can u pls help me to resolve this issue.
r
i have never faced this issue. Might need to investigate. But start by restarting the IDE
n
@rp Hai rp I tried connecting my db to the supertoken root.I followed the steps mentioned in the contribution.mb.I gave the config as below in config.yaml file inside mysql-plugin codebase. mysql_user: "username" mysql_password: "password" mysql_host: "host" mysql_port: 3306 mysql_database_name: "supertokens". I am running the app in Ubuntu env using wsl2.But its not connecting to the sql db.Did i miss any configurations.I gave all previlages to the sql user also.
r
did you give the correct values for the mysql_host ?
n
@rp Yea.I am able to connect to db through Mysql workbench.Those config I added inside config.yaml file but its not connecting to the db.
r
have you created a db called supertokens in mysql?
n
I need to add these config inside mysql-plugin codebase ryt?
I created another db.Not supertokens
r
then in the config.yaml file, you need to give the right value for
mysql_database_name
n
But I mentioned the name inside mysql_database_name:
yea dats done
r
which config.yaml file did you edit? the one in temp folder?
you should edit the devConfig.yaml file inside supertokens-mysql-plugin folder
and then rerun
startTestEnv --wait
and then then
cp ./temp/config.yaml .
and then the java command
n
Nop the one inside supertoken-mysql-plugin
r
can you verify the contents of the config.yaml file that is generated (the one in the temp folder)
n
ok
@rp config.yaml file inside temp folder is not showing the sql configurations which i mention inside the file in supertoken-mysql-plugin module
r
hmm. Which config did you edit? And did you rerun
startTestEnv --wait
after making the edit?
n
@rp I edited the config.yaml file inside supertoken-mysql-plugin.And I rerun tat script also
r
hmm. that's strange
maybe you can edit the config.yaml file in the temp folder directly before copying it and try
n
@rp Hey rp.Its working.Thank u soo much for the support.I have one doubt I would like to customise the config.yaml file.Instead of giving the mysql configuration directly in side the yaml file. I would like to configure the mysql db details through a rancher.Is it possible to do that?
r
you can change the core's logic however you like. So anything is possible haha
n
@rp So if we want to configure the db details through rancher we need to change the logic inside supertoken core also?
r
yea probably. Im not too familiar with Rancher
So im not sure.
n
ok