Is there a limit to how much a person can test res...
# support-questions
i
Is there a limit to how much a person can test resetting passwords for emails? I'm trying to do resets but they don't seem to be popping up in my email. (They worked previously.)
r
Hey! Reset password emails are only sent if the user exists in the system
Are you sure the email you entered in the reset password field actually exists in your supertokens core?
i
It should exist. I'm seeing the emails pop up from the Remix app but not from the Next.js app. πŸ€”
r
Hmm. Is the NextJS app using serverless functions?
i
Nope. Running everything locally at the moment.
r
Hmm. Then it should be sent. Can you try on the other app you mentioned and check that you are indeed getting emails in there
i
Yes, I'm getting them from the other app.
r
In the NextJS backend config, have you added isServerlessEnv: true?
i
Ah. Apparently. πŸ€” Don't remember setting that
r
Try setting it and seeing it if works
i
As in setting it to true or as in removing it? It seems to be set to true already.
I don't want you to have to dive too deep on this. πŸ˜… I'm gonna re-initialize the Next.js SuperTokens example and see if that does anything. If there are still problems I'll come back
r
Cool. Thanks
If it still doesn’t work, we are releasing a new version next week which will make debugging these kind of email related issues much easier.
i
Sounds good. Sorry you guys have to keep chasing down these silly things. πŸ˜…
Yeah still ain't workin, oddly enough. πŸ€”
I wonder if Gmail is automatically swallowing some things and deleting them because it thinks it's spam. Idk.
Does it matter if I'm using ThirdPartEmail vs. regular Email recipe for regular emails?
r
Oh. Yea. Third party emails are not counted as email password users. Therefore reset password won’t be sent to them
On my users who have signed up with email password will get reset password emails
i
Ahhhh interesting. That's quite unfortunate. πŸ˜”
Guess I better use a separate testing email then to compare these guys. πŸ€”
Thanks for the clarity. Was using the same email with
EmailPassword
in
Remix
and
ThirdPartyEmailPassword
in
Next.js