jwks, get called very often. Is this normal? shoul...
# support-questions
m
jwks, get called very often. Is this normal? shouldn't the jwks get cached by the sdk?
r
Well, the client that’s calling the jwks endpoint from the backend SDK should be caching it. Not the backend SDK itself.
m
quick questioin tho @rp . using the builtin function getAccessTokenPayload. Wont call the jwks right?
r
It won’t.
m
another quick question @rp 😄 does the supertokens keep refreshing the data in supertokens' database? This is a quick observation - image 1 , supertokens' instance data transfer, indicating that it's really being used for the last 2 days. - image 2 and 3, is the supertokens's database usage. Indicating that it is very active
is this a normal behavior?
r
> does the supertokens keep refreshing the data in supertokens' database? Well, most calls to the core require a database query.
m
yeah, I mean in this case, the core is not really being called (image 1). But the database resource is being used. Wondering if this is normal?
r
the core has a few cronjobs that run that require db access. It also has a connection pool that it maintains with open connections for quicker responses.
So these things are normal
m
i see, got it. I am assuming the cron jobs, for example to maintain the google oauth2 refresh token etc?
oo i see, just searched the codebase. seems like deleteExpiredSession, deleteExpiredAccesstoken etc
r
yea