Error on deployment I've been self-hosting supert...
# support-questions
m
Error on deployment I've been self-hosting supertokens core using supertokens-postgresql v4.3 docker image on kubernetes, with relative ease for a while now. Today when I am trying to deploy it on a new cluster I am faced with this error. Any idea what could be wrong? I am not passing any port number, just passing in the API_KEYS and POSTGRESQL_CONNECTION_URI through environment variables.
Copy code
What caused the crash: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.InvalidFormatException: Cannot deserialize value of type `int` from String "tcp://10.2.124.128:3567": not a valid `int` value
 at [Source: (File); line: 194, column: 7] (through reference chain: io.supertokens.config.CoreConfig["port"])
r
hey @mayankgopronto
whats the
POSTGRESQL_CONNECTION_URI
that you are passing?
m
postgresql://postgres:welcome@cloud-sql-proxy-india.default:5432/qadb
r
where is
tcp://10.2.124.128:3567
value coming?
m
That must the private IP for that pod on kubernetes. But I'm not sure why that value is being passed in the connection string. I am not sending that.
r
are you adding the PORT config?
m
No, not adding anything. Just using the vanilla docker image.
r
thats weird. Cause it's trying to read the port config, and it's getting the string
tcp://10.2.124.128:3567
back
maybe double check or configs
m
Ya its probably an infra issue. How can I explicitly pass the port?
Is this
port
referring to the postgresSQL port? Or the port on which supertokens runs?
r
supertokens core port
m
Update: So I fixed it, by explicitly passing the port and the postgres connection params and ENV variables in the the helm chart, like given here: https://github.com/supertokens/supertokens-docker-postgresql/blob/master/helm-chart/templates/deployment.yaml#L43 instead of using the connection string in the kubernetes secrets. But I have been running the same setup in my stage environment for a few weeks and everything was working fine. Not sure what was the issue, just one of those weird things I guess.
r
yeaaa.. strange!