Deploying my app to fly.io and experiencing this i...
# support-questions
d
Deploying my app to fly.io and experiencing this issue when attempting to sign in. After going from the Google Sign In Page back to the callback url at /auth/callback, white screen is loaded rather than the default orange spinner. Looking at the console, I see this (though I'm not sure if this is relevant to the issue. The same sequence when run locally functions fine The stylesheet https://domain-name/auth/callback/static/css/main.e6d1f72b.css was not loaded because its MIME type, “text/html”, is not “text/css”. The script from “https://domain-name/auth/callback/static/js/main.361a78ef.js” was loaded even though its MIME type (“text/html”) is not a valid JavaScript MIME type.
r
hey @djarran - what does the network request say when the page is loaded? Do you see any errors?
d
it is not making any requests to auth/signinup route
whereas locally it is
r
yea but the browser must be sending a request to load the page itself - what do you see as the response for that?
d
sorry, not sure exactly what you mean but these are the only requests I see being made once visiting the callback url (where it is stuck)
r
right, so i was talking about the first request. It's a 200 as i can see
But is it serving the react app? Or something else? What do you see in the browser console?
d
the above image is all I see in my browser console
no requests are being made to my express server
r
im not sure whats being served by fly.io. Maybe it's misconfigured and it's not actually serving your react app
whenever this type of error happens, its cause the web server is not serving the react app and is serving something else.
d
okay then
it has been working previously
r
on fly.io?
d
until I signed out :/
server is on fly.io, react app is on netlify
server is on subdomain of the main domain
r
right. So is netlify serving the react app correctly on that callback url?
d
from the looks of it, i guess not
could the issue at all be with my server?
r
yea. that's what i thought. So then please check your netlify settings
d
sure
so got it working, but I had to revert to a HashRouter rather than Browser Router in react-router-dom
not sure why, do you know if there are any explanations?
r
im not sure either. Perhaps some netlify / react thing.
d
still trying to fix this issue. trying to implement my own UI and handling the callback using the examples provided
now facing another issue
I have ran the init method in the index.js of my react app
just baffled at everything not working
they are aligned with those in the documentation
also deployed to vercel and getting the same issues as discussed above
so definitely an issue with my react codebase
r
are you doing server side rendering?
d
no server side rendering, just wanted to deploy to a different host
just standard, basic CRA application
nvm, haven't got it fixed but it's working using hash router. thanks for the attempts to help, not much to work with