https://supertokens.com/ logo
#support-questions
dashboard questions
# support-questions
k

Kuirak

04/24/2023, 8:11 PM
Hey folks, I am currently evaluating if supertokens would be a good fit. Since I am in a intranet without a working mail server I want to setup it with username/password only. Is it possible to use the dashboard with username only too? and can I enable user creation in the dashboard? I know it could be done via
curl
but is there a UI way that I can enable. Can the dashboard Ui be customized with react components as well?
r

rp

04/25/2023, 6:37 AM
hey @Kuirak you will have to create dashboard users using email IDs, but there are no emails that are sent anyway.. so it should be fine. At the moment, we don't have the ability to create users via the dashboard. Finally, the dashboard UI can't be customised.
k

Kuirak

04/25/2023, 6:44 AM
Thanks for the answers, Should it be possible to write my own Dashboard using the dashboard recipe api and e.g nextjs? Are there any plans for ABAC permissions? Is there an example of a complete custome supertokens UI with nextjs?
r

rp

04/25/2023, 6:47 AM
> Should it be possible to write my own Dashboard using the dashboard recipe api and e.g nextjs? Yes, you can. The API spec for the dashboard is here: https://github.com/supertokens/dashboard/blob/master/api_spec.yaml > Are there any plans for ABAC permissions? In a few months. Not yet. But our roles / permissions system can be hacked with to use them as ABAC (since roles and permissions are just strings) > Is there an example of a complete custome supertokens UI with nextjs? Not specifically with nextjs, but you can see our custom UI guide and follow along.
k

Kuirak

04/25/2023, 6:57 AM
Ah yes thats a good idea to adjust the roles to just be ABAC 😄 And another question. I want to solve the problem of having our users only sign in once for all services. e.g user visits :3000 first. signs in, does some stuff, and then navigates to service B which is protected too under :4000 and the user should be automatically signed in. (i don't have DNS available therefore need to use ips here). is this possible with supertokens?
r

rp

04/25/2023, 7:31 AM
can you ask this question as a different thread?